Sliding Scale Policy
When I pay more, I know that I am helping the artist support themselves. When I pay in the middle, I know I am helping the artist cover costs. And when I pay at the bottom, I know I am letting my community hold me and support me. All of these are acceptable ways of participating.
My sliding scale rate is $195-255 per hour.
Please let me know when submitting your request if you’d like to use the sliding scale system so that I can design a tattoo that reflects your ideal budget. While budgeting, please keep in mind that industry standard for tipping is 20% to cover supply cost and studio fees.
Consider paying less if you
- are a person who experiences racism directed at you, or via systemic oppression
- are a Black, Indigenous or First Nations, brown, or otherwise non-white person
- are transgender and experience trans related discrimination and/or violence regularly
- are gay/queer and experience related discrimination and/or violence regularly
- have medical expenses not covered by insurance
- have medical expenses, been denied work, or experience discrimination related to ableism
- are eligible for public assistance
- have immigration-related expenses
- are a sex worker who experiences occupational discrimination (personal or legislative)
- are an unpaid community organizer
- are a returning citizen who has been denied work due to incarceration history
- are supporting children or have other dependents
- are an elder with limited financial support
- own the home you live in
- have investments, retirement accounts, or inherited money
- travel recreationally, or are traveling out of state for this tattoo
- have access to family money and resources in times of need
- work part time by choice
- have a relatively high degree of earning power due to level of education, gender privilege, racial privilege, class background, etc. Even if you are not currently exercising your earning power, I ask you to recognize this as a choice.
This privilege-based sliding scale model was adapted from Valley Tattoo, Dura Mater Wellness, Little Red Bird Botanicals, and Pronia Coaching.